Obligatory subject: Faculty of Architecture, General Course
Due to switching to distance learning the timetable changes! Please, go to the department's Moodle page.
Balázs Balogh DLA
The course aims to equip students with the fundamental skills for their future drawing courses. Students this semester get familiar with the depiction of complex forms. The second half of the semester teaches students how to draw simple interiors. The semester's program consists of compulsory studio exercises, students need to be equipped with basic drawing accessories (A3-size drawing board, white paper, pencil (HB), rubber, tape).
course schedule - 2020 Spring
01. 13.02 Orientation, introductory lecture
02. 20.02 Drawing of curved forms I. - The circle in perspective (horizontal & vertical circles)
03. 27.02 Drawing of curved forms II. - The cylinder and the ring
04. 05.03 Drawing of curved forms III. - Complex geometrical composition with cylinders - Shaded drawing
05. 12.03 Introduction to complex forms I. - Drawing of a chair - Linear drawing (or reduced shading)
06. 19.03 Introduction to complex forms II. - Drawing of a chair - Linear drawing (or reduced shading)
07. 26.03 Faculty midterm studio week - No scheduled class
08. 02.04 Furniture with simple geometrical background I.
09. 09.04 Furniture with simple geometrical background II.
Spring Break - No scheduled class
10. 23.04 Complex interior with furniture I.
11. 30.04 Complex interior with furniture II.
12. 07.05 Complex interior with furniture III.
13. 13.05 EXAM DRAWING - Complex interior with furniture
18.05 (Monday) until 12 pm
29.05 (Friday) until 12 pm - late submission (late fee applies)
Regular class attendance is a mandatory prerequisite for receiving credit in the course in accordance with the BME Code of Studies and Exams. Drawings are collected at the end of each class and stored in the designated folders. Incomplete drawings can be finished until the end of the semester. Final mark is determined by the board of teachers, based on the quality of the submitted works.
Dobó, Molnár, Peity, Répás: Reality, Concept, Drawing / Architectural Drawing