The course is offered for students in the General Course program in Architecture as well as in Civil Engineering.
The course provides an insight to fundamental building structures and their multifold roles. Students study specific building structures from historical, technological, aesthetic and cultural/sociological perspectives by collecting and analyzing relevant examples in buildings in Budapest. They summerize the acquired knowledge in a creative model building exercise at the end of the semester.
Project 1 -- Walls -- Submission deadline: 03.10.2017.
Project 2 -- Slabs, ceilings, beams -- Submission deadline: 31.10.2017.
Project 3 -- Openings -- Submission deadline: 21.11.2017.
Project 4 -- Creative structure model exercise -- Submission deadline: 05.12.2017. (only the poster shall be uploaded)
- Use the above template to cut out the elements from a 10 cm by 100 cm balsa wood sheet.
- Construct an architectonic structure using all 15 modules so that your structure features walls, ceilings and openings
- Apply linear additions to your structure from a 50 cm long 2 mm by 2 mm wood stick (divided by a desired number of parts)
- Take photos of your model with experimental lighting
- Prepare a digital poster from your photos, and upload it to the cloud folder
please use the following file name structure (powerpoint, or pdf files):
Please note that only projects meeting the required format and content and uploaded to the designated folders by the specific deadlines will be deemed as properly submitted. (Projects sent by email, or any alternative ways, will NOT be accepted.) Any projects submitted after the deadline will be subject to late fee.
Final late submission deadline for all projects: 15th December 2017.
No projects submitted after the late submission deadline will be accepted. Any missing project means the automatic failure of the course.