The course is offered for students in the General Course program in Architecture as well as in Civil Engineering.
The course provides an insight to fundamental building structures and their multifold roles. Students study specific building structures from historical, technological, aesthetic and cultural/sociological perspectives by collecting and analyzing relevant examples in buildings in Budapest. They summerize the acquired knowledge in a creative model building exercise at the end of the semester.
Project 1 -- Walls -- Submission deadline: 03.10.2017.
Project 2 -- Slabs, ceilings, beams -- Submission deadline: 31.10.2017.
Project 3 -- Openings -- Submission deadline: 21.11.2017.
please use the following file name structure (powerpoint, or pdf files):
Project 4 -- Creative structure model exercise -- Submission deadline: 05.12.2017. (only the poster shall be uploaded
- Use the above template to cut out the elements from a 10 cm by 100 cm balsa wood sheet.
- Construct an architectonic structure using all 15 modules so that your structure features walls, ceilings and openings
- Apply linear additions to your structure from a 50 cm long 2 mm by 2 mm wood stick (divided by a desired number of parts)
- Take photos of your model with experimental lighting
- Prepare a digital poster from your photos, and upload it to the following folder: